Ferocious But Fabulous

Ferocious But Fabulous
Our Transportation Accommodation

Saturday, January 21, 2017


If you live on the East Coast you are probably feeling like me and Kermit. I wonder if my camper is thinking about me to.
The Official Countdown Has Begun:
  • 7 more days until I head out to the storage lot to check on ETCTA (our camper)
    • Start the engine
    • Run the generator
    • Check for evidence of leaks
    • Recharge my humidifier units
      • I have one hanging in the bathroom and one in the main area
    • Look around the outside for anything that looks off (leaks, evidence of rodents, excessive lean one way or another)

Essential for the sanity operation of any self contained RV. Also for some odd reason when you run out of any of the items above the price is always DOUBLE from what you would pay on Amazon.com

After every major trip when I was the RV at home I will take extra time to inspect the slide seals and mechanisms. When I inspect them I am looking for unusual wear & tear and dry rotting or signs or damage. I will coat each of the slide seals with the conditioner and then spray all of the mechanisms with the lubricant. Some would say that my method is over the top but my thoughts are an ounce (or in my case a few pounds) of prevention is worth a pound of cure (in RV language that means a big service bill)
We have all inadvertently consumed bad water (off-color, off-smell) and we vow to make sure that it will never happen again! Well...it has happened to me at least 3 times and now I triple filter the water that I drink and double filter the water that I shower with. I have one mac daddy of a filter going from the campground spigot to the coach. My Georgetown has a coach water filter and I have a residential refrigerator which has its own filter.
Anode Rods are cheap so I typically replace it at the beginning of each camping season
Makes lighting campfires or grills a little bit easier
Based upon previous experiences and the feedback from other RV'ers I will not set foot in a Camping World store unless it is an emergency! My plan for the past 5-6 years has been to plan ahead and order what I need from Amazon or pick up what I can from our local Walmart.



  • 35 Days Until I uncover & de-winterize ETCTA and take her for her 1st spin of 2017 
    • Oil Change
    • General Mechanical Inspection
    • State Inspection
  • 42 Days Until our "2017 Shake Down Trip"  During our shake down trips we go to a local campground and essentially run and test every system to ensure that everything is ready to go for the upcoming camping season
    • Showers, sinks and faucets
    • All AC and heat functions
    • Slides
    • Jacks
    • Stove
    • Refrigerator (cooling and water)
    • All TV's
    • We will do everything possible to fill and dump the grey and black tanks at least twice during our trip.
  • 55 Days until our 1st Camping Trip of 2017-->Belle Isle State Park


Until Next Week

Cheers,
Eric aka The Urban Suburban RVer

No comments:

Post a Comment