Ferocious But Fabulous

Ferocious But Fabulous
Our Transportation Accommodation

Friday, January 6, 2017

Anticipation




Borrowing the lyrics from the legendary singer and song writer Carly Simon.


We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway, yay

And I wonder if I'm really with you now

Or just chasin' after some finer day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8


I am eagerly anticipating the start of the 2017 Camping Season. This weeks Rant & Opinion  of the Urban Suburban RV'er is in regards to beverages and food while camping.

Beverages
Nothing tastes better after a long (or short) drive, getting the RV leveled and the campsite set up perfect than an ice cold glass of Black Box Chardonnay. Yes, yes yes I know that I am a guy and that I should say that I enjoy something manly like a Corona, Ballast Point or Svedka on the rocks but to me nothing tastes better than an ice cold glass of Black Box Chardonnay.  They even designed the box with campers like me in mind.



  • It is compact, 
  • It fits perfect in an RV's refrigerator. 
  • The spout makes it easy to fill up your glass. 
  • Selfishly, it doesn't give you the empty bottle guilt trip (we have all been there "WOW you finished an entire bottle?")


Ok Seriously My Favorite Camping Beverages (this is a fluid list so more drinks will be added)
1-Black Box Chardonnay
2-Corona Light Slim Cans or Ballast Point Even Keel
3-Water out of my refrigerator than has been filtered 3x before I actually drink it. There is nothing worse than smelling the water out of the spigot at some campgrounds.
4-If it is cold out then I enjoy a Hot Buttered Rum or Mulled Wine
5-Local wine or cider-1- I love to support the local community 2-I enjoy breaking out of my mold and trying new and different things.


Food
I guess that it all depends upon who is with us this week? If it is just me and Mrs Urbansuburbanrver than our favorite meals are:

Breakfast
Good bacon (nothing against Costco) but good flavorful bacon that while cooking will make your neighbors jealous, eggs and fresh fruit (whatever is in season).

Lunch
Smoked Chicken Wraps
While at home I will smoke 2-3 chickens at a time and the Mrs will carve off the meat, while it is piping hot and we will individually bag the meat and juices using our press n seal. At the campsite the Mrs will naturally defrost the frozen chicken and whip up an awesome chicken salad which we we serve using lettuce.

Dinner
Grilled steak, served over a bed of spinach, with a side of sautéed mushrooms. Also depending upon where we are and whether or not they have fresh seafood or not we sometimes have shrimp and or scallop skewers.



If we have any of the kids with us our favorite meals are:

Breakfast
Costco bacon (because we eat it in bulk) eggs and fresh fruit (whatever is in season) & cast iron apple cake

Lunch
Typically we go out an explore the local area.

Dinner
It is a toss up between
Grilled Chicken and local veggies.
MYOP (Make Your Own Pizza or Tacos in a bag).

Desert
Everyone in my family prefers s'mores. Personally I enjoy popcorn that has been popped over a fire.











What Are Your Favorite Meals or Drinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment