Ferocious But Fabulous

Ferocious But Fabulous
Our Transportation Accommodation

Friday, May 29, 2020

Trip Report May 2020 (KOA OBX)


Location-KOA OuterBanks

The planning for this trip was a little bit stressful due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 virus. We made reservations in January of 2020. Once Dare County closed businesses that were not essential the social media manager did a great job of keeping their Facebook Page updated with any re-opening updates. In Early May it was announced that Dare County/Hatteras Seashore would be open to non-residents on May 22nd. 10-minutes after the news became public I received a call from the KOA Outer-banks explaining the situation and adjusting my reservation. As the opening dates changed the KOA Outer-banks did a great job of keeping me informed.

This by far is one of our favorite RV Parks. During our 1st trip 12 years ago we spent a few nights at the KOA Outer Banks and we have been coming back every year or two.

The Top 5 Reasons Why We LOVE The KOA Outer Banks
1-All members of the staff are helpful and friendly
2-This KOA  has plenty for everyone to do or not to do…if you want
3-All sites are wide and deep enough. We prefer site-217
4-The facilities are always clean and well maintained
5-All members of the staff are helpful and friendly

Typically I make time to take pictures of the places that we stay…fortunately I spent my time relaxing and recharging my batteries.

A few changes (I am not sure is this was due to the COVID-19 virus, if they were I hope that they keep them)
1-Text Messages-Throughout my stay I received multiple text messages about different events going on around the campground. I found this to be a better way to communicate that the piece of paper that they give you at check in
2-Rolling Cart with wood and ice available. You never you need something until you need it. Having the cart rolling around with wood and ice was awesome! We were able to keep our campfire going a LOT longer than planned which led to lots of family memories.


If you have the ability I would defiantly check out the KOA Outer Banks






No comments:

Post a Comment