Ferocious But Fabulous

Ferocious But Fabulous
Our Transportation Accommodation

Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Camping World Conundrum



The Camping World Conundrum.

If you have ready any of my previous blogs.. We are passively looking for our next RV. Our preference is a Tiffin Allegro Red 37PA or a 38QBA but given then right price we would be happy with any reliable unit that meets our needs. 

The dealership where we purchased our current unit has a Forest River Berkshire 40BH that they have had on the lot since September of 2016. In the back of my mind I am thinking that this is a HUGE negotiation lever. At this point we would be  ok with the BERK not SUPER happy with it.  Also, I love to support local businesses, at this rate  if we do not happily support our local businesses the next generation of RV’ers will be able to order their RV from Amazon and have it delivered in 2 days or less with Amazon Prime.

2 months ago Safford RV in Thornburg, Virginia (where we purchased our Georgetown)  sold to Camping World…well the idea of us having a Berkshire just went out the window faster than a dollar bill on a windy day.
Last week the local Tiffin Dealer, Reines RV (6.25 miles away from my house) sold to Camping World. So now we will be looking for Tiffin Motorhomes


You are probably wondering WHY does the Urban Suburban RV’er dislike Camping World so much! Well I will break it down into 4 points. 

1-Previous experience ad follow up-Long story short they did work on our 1st motorhome which was shoddy and probably completed by someone who had no business working on a motorhome. The worst part of the ordeal is that no one in management at Camping World  of Winchester would acknowledge that their mechanic screwed up. They went so far as to want to charge me for a follow up service appointment

2-Google Camping World Service and you will read reviews  from fellow RV’ers (https://www.google.com/#q=camping+world+service+reviews)

3-Google Camping World  RV Repair  and you will read reviews from fellow RV’ers (https://www.google.com/#q=camping+world+reviews)

4-After reading many many complaints about Camping World and the follow up from fellow RV’er it appears as if the owners and leaders really do not care about providing RV’er with a quality product or with quality service.


Here is the conundrum. Since Camping World/Good Sam Club essentially has their hand in every part of every RV’er wallet  how do I avoid frequenting a Camping World location but still get gas using my Good Sam discount card? 

I guess for now I will continue to avoid spending money at any Camping World location and continue to do my research prior to spending any more of my hard earned money.


1 comment:

  1. You make a sound argument for avoiding CW. The dealership that I previously bought from (RV-MAX) was recently acquired by CW.I haven't had the opportunity to stop in yet. Interested to see how much has changed.

    ReplyDelete