Ferocious But Fabulous

Ferocious But Fabulous
Our Transportation Accommodation

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Loosing My Mind & Loosing A Set of Keys


This weeks rambling thoughts are about loosing a set of RV Keys  which in turn makes me think that I am loosing my mind!


Scenario-I had just clocked 10-hours/570 miles behind the wheel of Ferocious but Fabulous. I know, I know, I know I should limit my behind the wheel time. When we pulled into our campground we were made it to our site it was almost 11pm, and pouring down rain. After running HARD for 10 hours I wanted to give the engine a few minutes to cool down so I grabbed the spare set of RV keys to get jack pads and access the service bay. Once I got everything  set up I shut the engine down, took a shower and went to bed. The next morning both my DW (darling wife) needed keys to the RV because we were both headed in opposite directions. 

Sometime in the past 12-hours I had lost a set of RV Keys!

I will save you the gorey details but we searched everywhere (inside & outside) and retraced all of our steps after we checked in and still no keys.


The rest of our time at that campground I kept doubting myself:
  • Did I turn off the propane stove?
  • Did I lock the door?
  • Did I remember to bring the correct key for the door?
  • Did I set the parking break?
  • Did I follow the proper sequence for leveling and putting the slides out?
  • Am I loosing my mind?



After 10 hours of stressing over the missing set of keys. I gave up and decided that they went to the same place that single socks go to....never never land. We continued on our journey and decided to make a few changes on how I handle keys…just in case I loose my mind again

1-The current master set of keys is kept secure in the key/utlity cabinet.
  • If this happens again it is easier to make a copy of a key from the original as opposed to a copy from a copy

2-I have had 2 full sets of replacement keys that we use for every day normal use
  • The DW keeps one set on her at all times and I keep one set on me at all times

3-I have invested in TILE for all of my keys (RV, Toad and Normal Car)






In the month that I have used  TILE  it has saved me countless minutes of searching for keys that I have set down under laundry or that I forgot to take out of my pockets.



If I had it to do all over again I would have paid closer attention to my keys and not tried to set up camp tired and fatigued.



Cheers,
Until Next Week





No comments:

Post a Comment