Ferocious But Fabulous

Ferocious But Fabulous
Our Transportation Accommodation

Monday, July 24, 2017

July 24th 

The latest rants and opinions of the Urban Suburban RV’er. Today’s rants will cover 2 topics on my mind 

1-To Trade In, Sell Out Right or Go Through a Consignment Outfit
2-What is more important a reputable dealer or a well built coach?


To Trade In, Sell Out Right or Go Through a Consignment Outfit. 

We are still in the process of upgrading our current RV (2014 Forest River Georgetown 351). We have narrowed down the brands (Forest River Berkshire, Tiffin Allegro Red, Fleetwood Discovery). The biggest issue/unknown that we are facing right now is to how best to maximize the value that we have in our current RV. Should we Trade It In? Sell It Out Right or Go Through a Consignment Outfit?

Trade It In
A few of the dealers that I have casually interacted with are eager to sell me a new unit and are not to “generous” when it comes to offering a value for the unit that we want to trade in.

Sell It Out Right
I have listed it on 3 different websites and have received over 325 views and maybe 10-15 emails asking question and offering ridiculously lowball prices (5-10K) and terms (monthly payments)

Consignment Outfit
This seems like the worst option of all. Park it on a lot and you are not able to use it…uggg what a waste.


What is more important a reputable dealer or a well built coach?
Right now our current unit (2014 FR Georgetown) is at a local non camping world owned RV repair shop getting a few minor things fixed and tweaked before we head out at the end of the week. The dealer is the closest to my home but holy cow they are horrible at follow up, being friendly  and fixing things right the 1st time.

PS-Even though they are horrible..they are a locally owned dealer and we need more of these in America so I won’t trash their name…Once i have my RV back I will reach out to the owner directly

As I go back and forth with which brand we should buy should I focus on the dealer reputation first and then the brand or should I find the brand and then hope that the dealer treats me fairly/

What Are Your Thoughts/Opinions.


PS-If you know if any reputable   dealer and/or sales reps for Berkshire, Tiffin or Fleetwood  within 100 miles of the Washington DC area please forward them my information.


No comments:

Post a Comment